2. 3-4:30pm - Nutrition Detectives is hosting an educational program for children grades 2-5 that teaches better food choices and more healthful eating through knowledge of food composition. This program teaches food label literacy, and provides the skill to see past food marketing deceptions.
3. 4-5:30pm - TRICA (Treasure Valley Institute for Children's Arts) presents Family Disco Dance Party & Tour - with dance lights, disco ball, fog machine, bubble machine, disco music provided by the Vinyl Preservation Society. There will be go-go dance platforms so you can show off your dance moves and Mr. John will be teaching disco dance moves. 1406 Eastman Street in Northend Boise.
4. 5-8:00pm - Flicks Movie Theatre - "Between the Earth and Sky"...with introduction by Dr. Thomas Burke, Harvard Committee for African Studies and Director of Massachusetts General Hospital’s Division of Global Health and Human Rights. Dr. Burke’s efforts through his Division have been principally focused on women and children’s health... and human rights. Current and recent past programs include efforts in Zambia, Liberia, Southern Sudan, Mali, Uganda, Kenya, and Rwanda.
On July 9th, 2011 South Sudan became the 193rd nation in the world. This sub-Saharan nation is the size of France without a single paved highway. With the highest maternal mortality rate in the world, the country has less than 50 licensed doctors for its 10 million people. 400 medical students are struggling to become the first generation of South Sudanese doctors. This is their story.
All proceeds donated to the medical students of South Sudan. Admission is $10.
5. 4pm @ Bricolage - Jess' print, bike, build, "shave my head for a fundraiser" FEST - It's a :: F U N D R A I S E R :: to
watch Jess (Tornga) shave her head to raise money
to bicycle across the country raising money
and awareness for Affordable Housing!
... * live music by Karen Kohtz
* head shaving [bid to shave Jess' head in the style of your choosing.
this will happen at 6 p.m., sharpish.]
* on-site screen printing of a bicycle image [bring shirts and stuff to
$5-$10 donations are highly suggested and V E R Y much appreciated.
"This summer I will be riding my bicycle with 30-ish other strangers [soon-to-be friends] across the US from Charleston, SC to Santa Cruz, CA 5/23-8/17 with a group called Bike & Build. We will be biking to raise money and awareness for the Affordable Housing need in the US. We will spend 17 days working at housing sites along the way, as well as giving presentations at each city/town we stop in.
So why have a fundraiser? I have to raise $4,500 by 5/23
So why shave your head? It seemed like a fun idea."
my route: http://
my Cyclist Profile: http://bikeandbuild.org/
my Fundraising blog: http://
6. March 20 & 21st - Boise Rock School Celebrates their end of session gig at the Linen Building 4-9pm, with a special performance by Idaho Shakespeare Festival's School of Theater on March 21 @ 7pm.
Spring Equinox - Tuesday, March 20th